Terms and Conditions
Real Mountain Biking Adventures NZ Limited referred to throughout this document as RMBA-NZ Ltd
Your booking will be secured on receipt of a NZ$1000 deposit, ($500 for 5 and 10 day tours). Tour balance is to be paid no less than 60 days prior to tour departure. By making the deposit payment you are deemed to have accepted RMBA-NZ Ltd terms and conditions below.
Tour Cancellation Conditions
- Cancellations will require notification in writing to email@example.com by the person who booked the tour.
- A cancellation 90 days or more prior to departure will result in a loss of 50% of the deposit.
- Between 90 days and 60 days prior will result in full loss of deposit.
- Cancellations made between 60 and 30 days will result in a 50% loss of full tour cost.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to tour departure will result in 100% loss of full tour cost.
- You can transfer the amount paid to another tour if done so more than 30 days prior to departure; an administration cost of NZ$100 will apply.
Terms and Liability
- I agree that in this document, "The Activity" includes the guided activity of mountain biking and/or hire of equipment that I am obtaining from RMBA-NZ Ltd (or any subcontracted companies). I am providing a release in consideration for RMBA-NZ Ltd (or any subcontracted parties) agreeing to me taking part in the Activity.
- I am aware that taking part in this Activity involves certain inherent risks, including collisions, inclement weather, rough conditions, navigational difficulties, illness, hypothermia, and accidents in remote places, and might:
- Cause me or others injury or loss.
- Damage my or others property.
- Despite these risks I wish to take part in the Activity. I accept sole responsibility for my own safety and for the above risks.
- I will not make any claim against RMBA-NZ Ltd or its officers, employee or agents in respect of my taking part in the Activity, including for:
This exclusion is subject to any rights and remedies you may have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and/or New Zealand Law.
- Any injury or loss suffered by me or others.
- Any damage to any of my or other property regardless of how the injury, loss or damage occurs.
- I agree that RMBA-NZ Ltd (or any subcontracted parties) will not be held responsible for any damage, expense or inconvenience caused by late arrival of transport, change of schedule, strikes, vehicle breakdown or events outside its control.
- RMBA-NZ Ltd (or any subcontracted parties) has the right to alter itineraries if necessary. If RMBA-NZ Ltd makes changes which do not suit then you will receive a refund of any deposits paid.
- I understand that RMBA-NZ Ltd has the right to:
- Resell guided activity space without notice if I have not paid in full by the due date.
- Decline to accept or retain any participant at any time for safety or other reasons.
- Cancel guided activities if the minimum number of participants is not obtained.
- Alter the itinerary as required to ensure the safety of clients.
- understand that how I and others in my party undertake the Activity will affect the risks, and that RMBA-NZ Ltd (or any subcontracted parties) have no control over this. I will ride either my bicycle or the provided bicycle in a safe and proper manner. I have inspected the equipment to be used in the Activity and find it to be in a good condition and fit for use.
- I indemnify RMBA-NZ Ltd (or any subcontracted parties) against all claims, damages or losses (including costs), which it incurs as the direct or indirect result of my taking part in the Activity, including costs or enforcing this release.
- I am physically fit and there is no health or other reason why I should not participate in the Activity. I consent to receiving any medical attention, which RMBA-NZ Ltd (or any subcontracted parties) considers necessary or desirable, but this does not mean RMBA-NZ Ltd (or any subcontracted parties) are obliged to arrange medical attention for me.
- I agree that the laws of New Zealand apply. I agree that this release is binding on my family, my heirs, my legal assigns and my administrators and executors. I am 18 years of age or older.
- All RMBA-NZ Ltd tours are smoke-free for Health and Safety reasons including forest fire insurance cover (smoking during free time at your discretion).
- I agree to wear an approved safety helmet at all times when cycling.
I have fully read and understood this release before signing it.
RMBA-NZ Ltd advise you to purchase sufficient travel, accident, medical, luggage and cancellation insurance. Your travel agent will be able to assist with this. If hiring a bicycle the hirer is responsible for repair or replacement cost in cases of damage or loss of any item. We reserve the right to charge for repair or replacement.