North Island Tour
- The best purpose built single track network for mountain biking in New Zealand.
- The longest continuous native forest single track MTB ride in the country.
- A new cycle trail through 80km of native bush and across 8 suspension bridges.
- Remote riding in the largest lowland forest with a return trip for you and your bike on a jet-boat.
This tour takes in the best the North Island has to offer from the MTB Mecca of Rotorua with 100km of purpose built single track though to the remote wilderness areas of the central North Island with names like “The Forgotten Highway” and “The Bridge to Nowhere”, rides that have labels stating “the longest continuous native forest ride in the country” or “one of the best adventure rides in the country”. We take you along “The Timber Trail” a newly opened track with 8 purpose built suspension bridges to save you getting your feet wet, one of which is 140m long and 50m above the forest below, this ride covers 80km over two days. Plenty of shorter rides to sample along the way, and finishing with a sample of the bike trails and parks in and around Wellington City.
Use the zoom buttons on the map for a close-up of the tour path.
Tour duration: 14 days
- Tour Guides along all trails
- Comfortable transport in luxury mini-bus or Subaru Outback for singles and couples
- 13 nights’ accommodation in comfortable holiday homes, motels or lodges
- All Breakfasts and packed lunches
- Secure Bike and luggage trailer transport
- Shuttle transport on point to point rides from trail head to trail finish
- 32 kilometre Jet Boat Ride
- All land access fees
- Bike Hire, biking gear (helmet, gloves) these can be arranged if required
- Evening meals (we set you free to go and explore, with recommendations if needed)
- Additional excursions during travel or rest days
- Trail-side snacks and drink mixes.
- Cost: $5482.00 NZD per person
- Tour Type: Guided MTB Adventure Tour
- Support Level: Tour Guides and Support Vehicle for 14 days
- Start: Rotorua, (optional collection from Auckland Airport by request)
- Finish: Wellington (Alternative finish point by arrangement)
- Ride Types: short trails of 5-10km giving 1-2 hours of riding through to 40-50km trails with 5-6 hours of ride time (including breaks)
- Grading: From trails with a mix of grade 2 easy, grade 3 intermediate through to grade 4 advanced with a few sections where it is safer to walk. NZ track grading information here
- Travel/Rest days: 2 days when you can take it easy while we whisk you to the next location, do some shopping or take on another activity.
- Meals: 13 Breakfasts, 14 packed lunches and perhaps a celebratory beer in the evening…
- Accommodation: 11 nights in comfortable holiday homes or motels, 2 nights in back country lodge. Shared facilities, single supplement option available.
- Single Supplement, add: $950.00 NZD
- Bike Hire 14 days: Hard Tail $520 NZD. Full Suspension $925 NZD
- Pricing: all prices shown are in New Zealand dollars (NZD) and include 15% local tax (GST) where applicable.
- We don’t want to run your legs off with continious Real Mountain Biking Adventures and so this trip has tours that cover 40km a day over 2 days through to shorter 2 hour rides covering as little as 10km, there are options to pass a ride and take a rest; (or do a little more if you are keen!) we will vary the riding depending on the group’s requirements. We also do sightseeing along the way, showcasing some of the amazing scenery New Zealand has to offer and making sure there is time for a dip in some natural hot pools or perhaps something a little more exiting... Luge riding or try out a the Zorb in Rotorua...
- Please contact us for tour dates not listed
- This tour can go ahead for solos or couples, please contact us for further information.
Upcoming Tour Dates
Tour commencing 1st January 2021
- Start date: Friday 1st January 2021
- Finish date: Friday 1st January 2021
- Places still available: 0
- Notes: RMBA have 'shut up shop' and closed our doors. Covid19 was the nail in the coffin!
Book this tour